Experience - Gloria Dei Lutheran Church

Director of Recreation Ministries
2004 – 2008


Prior to serving with CORE Alliance, I served as Director of Recreation Ministries at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Houston, Texas. In this role I was responsible for creating and managing all aspects of Recreation Ministries. I had direct P&L responsibility for this department, and was the only department within the organization required to post an annual operating profit. I managed several paid staff, seasonal contract workers, and hundreds of volunteers.

I developed, grew, and managed youth basketball and cheerleading leagues with over 500+ participants each season. I created and launched youth soccer and flag football leagues. Our youth sports leagues were widely regarded as a market leader for youth sports in the local area, and we ran at maximum capacity for the last 2 years of my tenure. I created and managed adult sports leagues and teams, adult fitness classes, and managed facility rentals. I developed and enhanced a comprehensive and wide-ranging annual summer day-camp. Our summer camp program was widely considered a market leader in private day-camps in the area, and we held a 90% average sell-out rate.

We consistently saw year-over-year growth in all activities, leagues, and classes, and maximized facility utilization up to capacity. I created and produced all marketing materials, including extensive experience in Adobe software products for the production of an annual full color magazine, seasonal marketing pieces, and all media advertisements. I negotiated and managed contracts for facility rentals ensuring full utilization of our facility, and securing additional locations for our activities depending on seasonal needs. I created and conducted training for all volunteers, and screened, hired, trained and managed a large paid and volunteer staff. 

No comments: